Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Life, Love and The Universe

I jet-ski'ed yesterday. Although that may not sound like a big deal, it is to someone who is terrified of open water!

A number of years ago I did a few open-water swims in order to face this fear. I may have faced the fear, but didn't particularly enjoy the experience or overcome the fear. I finished the race, stumbling out of the lake, covered in seaweed and mud, feeling bedraggled and frustrated.

So – jetskiing put me back in that same place of "I'm scared, but I'm going to do it anyway."

Although I had an instructor sitting behind (more like around) me, anticipating whatever 'this crazy women' would (or wouldn't) do next I was still scared. I tended to let go of the accelerator completely when the ride got too bumpy!


 

But I loved the experience and wanted to do it again!


 

It's clear to me that my fear hasn't disappeared despite facing it, but facing it gave me some fun!

So, perhaps you may not get over all your fears, but it's important to not hold yourself or your life back despite having them.


 

The making of you is how you handle fear.

Be these internal (failure, embarrassment, change, or non-acceptance etc) or external fears.

Find one of your fears.

What can you do to move through it?

Just one little step is all it takes and you'll find that the Universe also has its arms around you.


 

Have a wonderful week, being Perfectly You.

www.completelyhuman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment