Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Life, Love & The Universe (10th August 2010)

For those of you who will recall last week's message about me struggling to download a tape off a camera and create a DVD, I'd gotten to the point where I let it go and gave up. But a day or so later I had a flash of inspiration in my driveway and turned round towards Dick Smith where I picked up a connecting cable I thought may work. It did!

And a few hours later I had DVDs of baby videos for a happy grandmother!

My realisation was that it seemed those adjectives I'd proudly displayed were still relevant, but somehow over the years I'd let go of the ego attachment to these lables. I had been willing to give up the camera challenge (and did), but then effortlessly the solution appeared anyway.

My further realisation is that these three words are not important as to how I'd like to be remembered one day.

What about you?

What parts of your identity are attached to serving your ego? (eg. intelligence, perfectionism, relationship-status or children).

So … if there was a resume of life – what adjectives would you rather prefer yours to contain?

Mine hopefully will be changed to: She loved; She gave with kindness; She understood.

Have a wonderful week, Being Perfectly You.

www.completelyhuman.com

PS. The new series of workshops start in October. Book your place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment